British Toy & Hobby Association (for enquires about the reports and guidance found on this website and any technical enquiries)
T: +44 (0)20 7701 7271
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services UK (for stand-alone services relating to compliance & testing)
T:+44 (0)1925 854 360
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is the British Toy and Hobby Association Limited (company number: 00388895) of 80 Camberwell Road, London SE5 0EG.
- Information collection
- 1.1 When you visit or register your details with this website, you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself (including your name and contact details).
- 1.2 We may also collect information about your usage of this website as you browse our website (see below).
- 1.3 We may also collect information about you from messages you post to the website or emails or letters you send to us.
- Use of the information we collect
Your personal information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of our website and will be used by us for general purposes including answering your enquiries and fulfilling any requests you make to us and sending information to you from time to time.
When you provide membership information you will be asked to provide a mandatory contact email address along with optional contact details for officers within your organisation e.g. health and safety officer. We will, from time to time, use these contact details to distribute newsletters and updates regarding topics we think will be of interest to you or where appropriate the relevant officer within your organisation.
We do not actively make available or disclose to third parties information we have obtained about you, other than in connection with the purposes set out above.
- Data retention
We will retain the personal information provided by you for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in this policy.
- Disclosure of information
- 4.1 The information you provide to us will be held on our computers in the UK and may be accessed by or given to our staff, to any member of our group for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you.
- 4.2 4.2 We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site and services onto third parties, but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
- Collection of information by third parties
Our site contains links to other sites whose privacy practices may be different to ours. Please consult the other sites' privacy policies as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- 6.2.1 where they are essential to make our site work;
- 6.2.2 to enable us to personalise the content of the site for you;
- 6.2.3 to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve and monitor the structure of our site. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
- 6.3 Disabling / enabling cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
We employ security measures which aim to protect the information provided by you from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Access to your information
Individuals are entitled to see a copy of the personal information that we have collected and maintain about them. If you wish to do this, please email us at email@example.com. We may charge a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with these details.
- Contact Us
All comments, queries and other requests relating to our use of personal information should be addressed the customer services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The British Toy & Hobby Association, 80 Camberwell Road, London, SE5 0EG.